Monday, 15 October 2007

Home is where the art is...


__Well here I am at last ... penning my first blog and already anxious that I don't run out of ink too soon !_It was my brother (amongst others 'Thank you Niki and Fiona' ) who prompted me some time ago to start a blog and like using a mobile phone and middle age, I finally succumbed.._I have been fascinated, intrigued, addicted, enthralled, inspired, amused and above all .. full of admiration for all the blogs I have stumbled across and so I thought it high time I joined the world of armchair authors.__Cowboys & Custard was born on January 1st 2007.The name came to me.. maybe in my sleep.. but it evolves from a love of childhood nostalgia. Being a product of the 50's I have a passion for that era..design, graphics, toys, literature (good old Enid)_nursery food.. custard of course! The cowboys part must come from the tomboy that I was and being raised on Bonanza and High Chapparel..__

Just testing the water first.. A bientot

6 comments:

Nonnie said...

So pleased you've taken the plunge. Wanted to be the first to leave you a comment and welcome you to the wonderful World of blogging!

Nostalgia at the Stone House said...

Hi M,
So glad to see your lovely new blog joining the blogging community! Welcome!
I hope it leads to lots of sales of your lovely frames and cards - but also brings you lots of enjoyment too!
Have fun!
Niki x
PS: I shall add your link to my blog!

HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS ... said...

I am a product of the 60s and I love nostalgia from any period. I love children's books and illustration, I have a few books in the loft which I must blow the cobwebs off, I just wish I had more storage to have them on show, and I love Mabel Lucie Attwell, I have a small collection of postcards which I hope to blog sometime. I hope people's love of blogging doesn't wear off too soon as I am really enjoying it too. Louise x

Cowboys & Custard said...

testing testing 123 is my email working??

Katherines Dream said...

Ohhhhh, now I do not remember this door the first time....It is a great old front door and what a perfect image to start with!
Hugs,
Carol xxx

Artsy-Craftsy Merchant said...

So glad you tested the water! Great blog...