Being a new year and as is the custom amongst so many of us to change our lives for the better with the coming year.. I am no exception to this annual tradition and have had many thoughts rattling around in my rather depleted mind these last few days..
I have learnt from several of you of your intentions to slow down and take life at a gentler pace and I would like to put my hand up and join you in this quest..
I fear that we (I especially) try to cram too much into our daily lives and often feel a failure by the end of the day.. by not achieving our tick list of chores or tasks..
So it is one of my many new year resolutions to slow down and take stock of what I 'do' achieve rather than what I 'don't '.
So here we are... another year... another list..
If I only achieve one this year.. it will be something to celebrate.
1. Stop wasting time... it is so precious and I let days drift by without any consequence.. seize the day !
2. Don't take life too seriously... learn to smile more and laugh at myself rather than berate myself for my mistakes.
3. Don't become a slave to my blog... This one is tricky! My blog has given me a purpose and makes my day eventful.
It has brought me more friends and mutual support that I could ever have dreamt of.... BUT.. it should be an occasion to
share the jewels of my life and not all the bric a brac.
4. Don't let a bad hair day become a mid-life crisis.
5. Don't listen to the devil in the biscuit tin.
6. Learn some more Italian.
7. Stop chasing dust.. and let the house clean itself ??????? ( I am the original neurotic housewife)
8. Avoid looking in the mirror from the waist down and neck up.
9. Stop worrying so much. Easier said than done.
10. Yes... very predictable.. lose weight.. My middle age spread is spreading too far and wide !
And last but by no means least...live by the wise words of Bonnie Prudden...
" You can't turn back the clock. But you can wind it up again."
Monday, 7 January 2008
Posted by Cowboys and Custard at 10:39 am